I stumble over quite a lot of interesting articles and some are worth sharing on this site. I plan to do this every 4 weeks (thus “4x7 Review”) and I will include my own posts, some training highlights and some of my nutrition. Enjoy!
As seen on runbikeco.de
Notable past training
Looking back at the month of January I have to say I’m pretty proud of my training. I was able to complete four weeks of solid running:
- (overlapping with the last review): 40km in Week 1, longest 15km.
- Week 2: 41.95km, longest 15.3km.
- Week 3: 40.86km, longest 15.0km.
- Week 4: 40.91km, longest 15.1km.
This is all with four runs per week, completing the month of January with 167.36km in 17 runs (compared to December: 159.95 km in 21 runs).Additionally, I did two spinning sessions in the gym for cross-training as well as a couple of strength training sessions (need to be more consistent in doing those).This current week is a rest week for me, resulting in only 25km of running.
The next four weeks will focus on aerobic tempo work and increasing the distance for the long run (15/16/18/19km). The overall mileage will be similar to January, maybe slightly more per week (42+km) and if it all works out I should complete the month of February with 174km!
I won’t bore you with everything I ate during the past four weeks, but there is always a meal or two that was special.Well. With the holidays being over, there was certainly less big cooking going on in our house. But fear not, Super Bowl is coming up on Sunday and I’m sure I’ll fire up the grill. Hopefully I’ll remember to take pictures for the blog!
Lastly, a more or less uncommented link-dump of the past 28 days.
- I somehow managed to not include this very important posting on cancer from Ernie Miller in the last 4x7; this shall be corrected now. If you’ve got balls, go check your junk.
- Jens Voigt talking about his 2014 season plans.
- TrainingPeaks has an interesting article on how to avoid the “Endurance 15” (weight gain).
- A 90 minute interview/video/podcast with Kelly Starrett on the topic of Mobility. Well worth your time, you just have to make it over the long introduction by the host London Real.
With that, have a great four weeks ahead. Thanks for reading!