I stumble over quite a lot of interesting articles and some are worth sharing on this site. I plan to do this every 4 weeks (thus “4×7 Review”) and I will include my own posts, some training highlights and some of my nutrition. Enjoy!
As seen on runbikeco.de
Notable past training
As noted in the last review the plan was to take it easy and to focus on the bike. Well. Nursing an infected insect bite sidelined me for 10 days, right after getting the first two bike rides in. After that I slowly eased back into running, finishing the month of May with a little over 100km running and 300km on the bike. The weather for the last couple of days has been lousy at best, so we’ll see how much biking takes place in the coming weeks.
I decided to hire a coach and am currently beginning to work with Mike from D3 Multisport. The first two weeks are laid out already and I’m looking forward to a structured training plan. As it stands right now, I should finish the month of June with about 180km of running. I’ll throw in as much biking as time and weather permits. I really want to ride the famous Tatzelwurm this year and am hoping for June for that to happen.
I won’t bore you with everything I ate during the past four weeks, but there is always a meal or two that was special.
- A Whole BBQ chicken, rubbed and filled with lemon and garlic.
- Guacamole Burgers, absolutely low-carb and delicious.
- Galettes Bretonnes, without picture, one of my quick go-to meals. I usually make a bunch of 10-12, half of which will be eaten right away. The rest makes a quick bite to eat on the go, before a workout or just a snack in-between. They can be combined with a lot of other ingredients, e.g. eggs, bacon, guacamole, or even sweet fillings. Leave a comment if you are interested in the recipe and I’ll post it on the blog.
Lastly, a more or less uncommented link-dump of the past 28 days.
- Mark Sisson on the necessity of a good night’s sleep.
- I’ve had my share of injuries this year already, so this article resonates very well with me and might be of help for any future mishaps. The psychology of being sidelined.
- How to become a serial race … not that I have any plans in that direction. Interesting read, though.
- Not sure if this is really legit or not, but CyclingTips has a blog-column called The Secret Pro, where a high profile World Tour rider has agreed to speak his mind, while remaining completely anonymous.
- How and Why Should You Strengthen Your Hip Abductors. Yep, run training consists of more than just running. Doh.
- Don’t mess with marathon runners.
With that, have a great four weeks ahead. Thanks for reading!